It is a digital device but with optical measurement that uses the refractive index in a simple and fast way, to measure the sugar contained in the sample.
After a simple calibration with distilled or deionized water, the apparatus measures the refractive index of the sample and transforms it into BRIX units in a few seconds.
This device eliminates the uncertainty associated with manual refractometers and being portable allows measurements to be carried out in the field.
The device measures temperature and refraction at the same time, in such a way that it gives a much more exact measurement by compensating the temperature value of said measurement.
In short, it is an instrument to measure the humidity in honey.
It measures the content of sugar, water (% moisture). and liquid honey.
Supplied with a protective case, it is powered by a 1.5V AAA micro-battery, included. Features:
- Model: DR.
- Dual LCD screen.
- Temperature measurement.
- Calibrabre with distilled water, IP065, easy to use and clean.
- Range: 0 to 90ºBrix.
- Resolution: 0.1% Brix; 0.1 ° C.
- Accuracy: + -0.2% Brix; + -0.3 ° C.
- Water: 38.0% -5.0% Be '': 33-48.
- Refractive index: 1.3330--1.5177nD.
- Automatic temperature compensation between 10 and 40ºC.
- Measurement time: 1.5 seconds. Auto power off.
- Dimensions: 121x58x25mm.
- Weight: 220 grams.