Layens hive has been designed to favor the production of royal jelly or royal cells.
Two colonies with queen live on either side of the compartment, the central part is orphaned.
The central part is separated from the colonies by means of two excluding grids.
The hive has three layers and a common roof.
Each hive contains 10 squares, the central part has 5 squares.
Beehive supplied without pictures. Technical characteristics:
Click to see detail Click to see detail Click to see detail
- Model: Layens.
- Type: Raise queens or royal jelly production.
- Wood: Pine.
- Wood thickness: 25mm.
- Paint: Honey colored linseed oil.
- Steel excluder grids.
- Number of frames: 25 (10 + 5 + 10).
- Tablex inserts with central hole.
- Wire closures (fil-elem).
- Metallic spouts.